With everyone at home more it seems like no better time to pick up on my old post – Garner Groceries! These are some easy home-cooked meals that are favorites in our house. Also, there will be some new things we try! So, let’s get started!
This meal was one I posted on my Instagram a couple of days ago and is saved to my highlights! Here is the breakdown on everything I did.
Spaghetti Squash – This is a fan favorite in my home!
- 1 squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 5-9 strips of bacon ( I like bacon, so I’m on team 9)
- Sliced mushrooms
- Baby spinach
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 6 oz Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F. I dampen a paper towel, cut slits in it with a knife, and wrap it around the squash. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Split the squash in half (tons of YouTube videos on methods), remove seeds and inner circle.
- Cover in olive oil and salt and pepper and place face down on a cooking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut the strips of bacon into about 1-inch thick pieces and cook in skillet until almost fully cooked.
- Add in your sliced mushrooms and cook in the grease. Once cooked, drain your grease.
- Add in 3 handfuls of spinach and cover. Let simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Add in heavy cream and Feta cheese. I recommend just the cream first, letting it warm up to help the cheese melt faster.
- Remove your squash when it is done in the oven and scrape the insides with a fork. They will come apart in noodle form!
- Add noodles to your skillet and mix together.
- Top with Italian seasoning, Tony’s and cherry tomatoes and voila!
If you decide to give it a try, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram!