Hello friends! Summer is in full swing and I couldn’t be enjoying it more, even though I’m no longer a student and summer doesn’t make much of a difference for me. But, I do feel like summer seems to be a nice relaxing and slower time. Traffic dies down a little here in Houston, and things go just a little smoother.
I read an interesting article a while back about finding your joy. Naturally, I’m a pretty joyful person but doesn’t mean I don’t find myself in a rut or stuck totally vegging out watching TV every moment I’m not at work. So this article stood out to me on looking into finding myself a little joy this summer! It all comes down to joyful moments that can come from the smallest choices. The list below is small choices I have decided to make in order to find my joy.
- Read more books
- Dedicated Bible Study Time
- Become more active at Church
- Dance around the house– while you clean and organize
- Journal more
- Go for walks
- Reorganize whatever you can. Your phone, purse, wallet, house, desktop, email. Really the possibilities are endless.
- Get back into crafting
- Read under a tree
- Give yourself breakfast in bed
- Hold your hugs just a little longer
- Discover somewhere new in your own city
I hope these things can help you find your joy this summer! If not create your own list of items that can get you up and moving and bring you joy!